News & Research
DID YOU KNOW?
- When you sell your property or want to register a bond, is it the prerogative of the seller to choose the attorneys of your choice. We would gladly assist you in this matter.
WHAT CAN GO WRONG IN A REGISTRATION PROCESS?
The registration process can be prolonged or hampered by:
- A divorce. Any transaction during which the marital status of the parties is going to change, is susceptible to complications;
- The seller is overseas. Documents need to be signed at the High Commissioners in the Country where seller is residing. This can seriously impact the duration of the process. Costs also increase substantially with such transactions;
- The availability of the cash deposit to be paid by the purchaser. Sometimes the cash deposit comes from a pension fund or an investment and can delay the process;
- Whenever the transaction is "subject to sale" of a previous property, it is wise to protect oneself by having a backdoor clause in the sale agreement. Talk to your attorney first;
- When a property is to be bought from a Trust, Company and/or Close Corporation or purchased by a Trust, special rules and regulations apply. The process may take longer;
We Care, We Can, We Deliver